New Year, New Car, New Auto Insurance

 In Auto Insurance, Blog
Auto insurance from independent agent in Thornton

If your teen is about to start driving your car, talk to an agent and update your auto insurance.

Starting a new year gives everyone a chance to assess their lives, make necessary changes and improvements, and set new goals for the future. Most of us make resolutions that will enrich our lives emotionally and spiritually, but sometimes we make changes that include materials things, like upgrading our vehicle or making improvements to your home. If 2017 is the year you retire your old clunker for a newer model, you need to talk to your insurance agent about how these changes will affect your current auto insurance policy.

Changes in cars and drivers

Buying a new car and retiring your old car will require changes in your auto insurance policy. Your new car will need a new policy, and your agent can help you find the best one since it may not be from the provider that you are currently using. That’s the beauty of working with an agent; they’ll look for the best policy, whereas working directly with a provider or with a captive agent will only get you information about their policies, not necessarily the best policy available.

The agent will also be able to tell you if you need to make changes to your older vehicle. If you are keeping the old vehicle, perhaps to pass on to your kids once they reach driving age, but don’t plan on driving it on the daily, then you could save some money changing your auto insurance from full coverage to liability only. Older vehicles that aren’t worth much financially won’t require as much coverage, as the financial burden isn’t as great if the vehicle was stolen, lost, or destroyed.

A newer car may be worth more and could warrant changes in your premiums. However, a newer car will have more safety features, which could give you a bit of a discount. An independent agent will be able to help you find the best policy for your situation and your budget.

Auto insurance from independent agent in Colorado

If you upgrade your car, you need to upgrade your auto insurance.

However, if you are passing you old car to your teenager, you will also need to make sure that your current auto insurance is fitting for the new driver.

Talk to an agent about upgrading your car insurance

Any change in your auto situation warrants a call to your insurance agent who can help you double-check all of your policies to make sure you aren’t paying too much, or too little, but just enough.

AAI Central is an independent insurance agency in Thornton, Colorado. If you have questions about your auto insurance, our agents will be happy to assist.


Recommended Posts

Start typing and press Enter to search

Extra flood insurance for home businessGrow your business with liability insurance